THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Mar 16, 2012

Eye Doctor and Knit to-do list

So I went to the doctor when I first got my infection. I couldn't get my contacts out myself, so I went to a regular doctor in order to get them out. He prescribed anti-biotic eye drops. The next day, I went to my eye doctor, and he prescribed anti-inflammatory eye drops. I just had an "infection", but they never said a name for that infection. I had pus in my eyes. There may be permanent damage to my eyes, too. Pretty much, I think I got the infection long ago, but it didn't hurt that much. I would take out my contacts for a few days, then put them back in when it stopped hurting. So, it was still there, but the contacts were trapping it right around my cornea and iris, which is where all the damage is.

Contacts on a healthy eye is just fine. They don't do damage to your eye. If your eyes get irritated, take your contacts out. If you keep them, disinfect them with contact solution. But whatever you do, just take them out of your eyes ASAP. It doesn't matter where you are, or what you're doing. If you leave them in, you are escalating the problem.

Some people, like me, don't like taking their contacts out every night. I got the kind of contacts that you leave in for a month, then throw away and put new ones in. I never took them out and washed them. If you want contacts, you need to be more responsible than that. I wore them longer than a month, taking them out only when they started to get dry or itchy. Then I would instantly put new ones in.

I am out of contacts, so I will be very nearsighted for a couple of weeks. At least I can open my eyes and they don't burn anymore. I am getting new contacts, but I am going to figure out the best ones for me. Obviously, it isn't the kind that I leave in over a month.

On to knitting tutorials! This first one I really want to try, even though I can't really get purling. At least, I don't think I can.

$5 in Paris. Easy top down raglan sweater with optional side shaping noted in the tutorial. This is not the first picture I saw of this sweater, but I can't find the other one now. It had long sleeves and the neck was more of a scoop neck. It was also sort of an off the shoulder sweater, too. But I liked it that way. I'm pretty sure the girl had just knitted it too big, so that is what I am going to try.



Kitty "Hood Scarf" with pockets. This super simple tutorial can be changed to have different kinds of ears, like longer ones for a fox scoodie. (As I prefer to call them.) This project is simple enough that I am sure I could make it. (I'm not that good at knitting....)



Knitted Cat Hat. I have tried this one before. My needles were too big and I was too stupid to figure out that that would have quite an impact on the project. But I still want to try to make it right!


Knit Kitty Key chain. Anybody could do this one! (I like cats, okay?)


Double Nickles. I have also tried this one before. I just can't freakin' purl! I am going to try harder though. I have managed to follow ONE pattern so far. and make two scarfs. I have also managed to make two very different arm warmers. and failed at making a slipper, and a bikini top. Oh well?

0 comments: