THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Feb 15, 2012

Batfit 2012


I've been meaning to post this earlier, but I kept forgetting. It's not like I started it more than two days ago anyways. For more information about what Batfit 2012 is, go to Le Professeur Gothique's blog post introducing the idea. Generally, it means everyone participating is trying to get healthier.

This is a catch-up post, meaning that I will be posting the first four challenges in this post because I haven't posted them before.

Challenge 1: Write out your health goal and what you think good health means.

(I am more of a list writing person, btw.)

HEALTH GOAL

  • Get fit
  • Eat less junk food
  • Lose weight
  • Feel better in general
OTHER GOALS
  • Go to 3 classes a week at the gym
  • Continue donating blood plasma
  • Be social instead of a shut in
  • Craft something every week


To me good health doesn't necessarily mean getting skinnier, but feeling more energetic and sleeping better. These are both things that I have been experiencing since starting the gym. Losing fat would be awesome, but I don't expect to much in that department. My sister and mom have the same... belly as me, and they have tried a lot to get rid of it. We have never been close to flat, but my sister does get close to it at least. So maybe I will, too. =D


Challenge 2: Dance every day for 2 weeks.

I...
  • Go to dance themed classes at the gym
  • Dance to music whenever it's playing pretty much
So, I'm covered with challenge 2.

Challenge 3: Drop a bad habit and replace it with a good habit.

  • Bad Habit: Eating crappy junk for meals
  • Good Habit: Thinking ahead for dinner
My bf and I have 2 New Year Resolutions: To stop eating out (to save money) and to stop eating candy/soda/sugary stuff for the year. Except on special occasions, like Radcon. (I am totally going to eat nothing but chocolate muffins, rice krispy treats, and drink rockstarz/bawls/cocaine for 3 days.) So, I have already dropped my bad habit!

Challenge 4: Be good to yourself.
  • Go to gym willingly and every week.
  • Loooong hot showers when I have the time.
  • Read/Play video games 20 minutes each day.
  • Eat more meat + iron in order to donate blood plasma.

Here is a picture of my journal:

It's nice to have a physical (pretty) reminder to write my 5 things every day. (Another piece of "homework"... write 5 things you are grateful for, or productivity or liked about the day.)

So far, I have been doing pretty good, even though I only just started! I am happy that I have mostly been doing this stuff by myself this year before I participated. I cannot do the latest homework assignment, as I have not lost enough mass to fit into anything old, and I make stuff out of anything that doesn't fit me, so I don't have anything old to fit into. The only things I have that are too small involve my too-big boobs, and I definitely don't want to lost weight there!

I guess I do have a prom dress.... but I never fitted into it.

Radcon is only 2 days away and I am so excited!!! I hope all the junk I eat will be countered by all the walking!

0 comments: