THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Feb 27, 2012

Becoming a Dealer/Vender

So, I've been looking more into becoming a dealer. Vender. Whatever. A person that gets a booth and sells stuff. I have no idea where to start though.

I've been making ear cuffs, and I have quite a few ideas about other things.... but I want the name of my shop to be Babybat Days. Or something along those lines. I haven't thought of what to make involving bats, though, which I feel is necessary to draw into the name. I've been thinking about making bat wing clips, but I would feel like I was ripping off idolatre, the shop at Radcon I talked about in the previous post.

Another thing I have to consider is the displaying options and lighting. Lighting for the shops will probably come later, but it's a good idea. A very good idea. Displaying is the more important problem right now. How do I display ear cuffs? In a bowl, for people to pick through? I want to make some really good ones and some more common ones. I don't want them both in the same place. Maybe I should actually package them? But how to display the packages?

For my bracelets and necklaces, I do have labels for them that I can hang up. I'm thinking a revolving rack that I can put like bracelets on individual tines. So, no problem there.

For my dice danglys? Those will probably be put into a bowl. When I find my camera, (i.e. remember to grab it from BF's car) I will post pictures of those.

I want to go thrifting for giant band T-shirts and just plain pretty T's, so I can make Yoga Pants out of them. But hey, instead of wearing jeans and a band T, it's the band T that you're wearing for pants! Awesome! I also hope to find pretty belts that I can make into chokers. I feel like those big chunky chokers would be good for my target audience. I don't know how many goths attend craft fairs, though. Bigger events, like Radcon and the Renaissance Faire, I know that these things will sell better, because there are plenty of more people there than at craft fairs.

The jewelery I will have to make more "specialized" in order to sell at different places. Steampunk con? Steampunk jewelery. Radcon? Well, everything. Ren Faire? More regular colored metal, like silver, gold, copper, etc.

I have a friend who wants to join me. She has ideas of her own and pretty display options and her own merchandise. She's already been to craft fairs before, and has failed, but she's realized that the people there just aren't the age interested in her stuff. She has sold tons of things at the community college here to people our age.

I just don't want to split the money. I've had to do that before. With a little kid. Whose parents were like TAKE HIM OFF OUR HANDS AND JUST LET HIM HAVE THE MONEY WHEN YOU'RE DONE! and that just is not okay. That was a lemonade/krispy treats stand, but still. She has already made more money than I ever did with my poptab bracelets. I don't think she would want to split the money, but trading wares we will certainly do. Or she can have some of my stuff. I've already had quite a few of her wares.

I'm thinking about setting up an etsy account, but they CHAAARGE for putting your stuff up... and I don't know if it will sell or not. and I have to ship! I don't know. I'll think about it.

0 comments: