THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Feb 20, 2012

The disillusionment after the excitement

So, Radcon is over, I only have a few pictures, I am home and I don't have any of my things from Radcon with me. I won't be able to post about it tomorrow either, because Tuesday is the day I don't see my boyfriend at all. Or the next day, since I see him later in the day.

I was really very happy up until today, I will tell you about the happiness when I have my stuff, but right now I REALLY need to rant (and I have to tell you, I cuss a lot when I'm angry. Sorry.):

I donate blood plasma for money. You have to do a yearly physical in order to continue donating. I did mine today. One person called in sick, so the person who does the physicals was stuck doing HIS work. Even though there was another person there who was supposed to do his work, but she didn't WANT TO. So I had to spend 6 hours doing absolutely nothing, sitting on my ass when I had shit to do, because someone didn't want to do their goddamn job.

This is where the freedom in America becomes a curse: when the people who DO have jobs decide not to do them, but get to keep those jobs. It's bullshit.

One of the things I was going to do today was apply for an internship working with Blue Mountain Wildlife, who help birds of prey who get shot at or hit by a car or fall out of their nest heal so they can be released back into the wild. It's funny that I hear about this serious opportunity at Radcon, where most of the stuff that's going on is about zombies, Magic the Gathering, and making your own chainmaille for the apocalypse, all while most people are taking any kind of drugs they can find. and I am trying to TAKE this damn opportunity where I can fucking take it, only to be foiled by people who didn't have to do internships to get their job that they don't fucking DO!

As a funny sidenote, at the rave, (ahem - dance) where again MOST people are as high as a kite, they played Bohemian Rhapsody, and EVERYBODY sang it. Strangers slow danced and sang with strangers. It was the strangest experience I've ever had. Then again, I am not old enough to go to clubs or bars where there is a large group of drunk people, where I believe this would be commonplace. Maybe. Whatever.

0 comments: